Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Personal A to Z Challenge: Production Design!



As I was searching for Portugal symbols this morning (in research for tattoo ideas), I came across Julie Dawn Fox's blog, where she is working on an A-Z on all things Portugal. I was surprised to see that she linked to other people doing the A to Z Challenge, specifically about Portugal (as you can do it on any topic you want). I was surprised to see that these women are transplants from one country now living in Portugal and its so interesting to see what they are getting from the experience. I myself, have never even visited Portugal, but grew up in a house where my mother and her whole family are from the Azores. Portuguese traditions were very prominent in my upbringing and my heritage. I can't wait to visit there someday. 

Anyhow, the A-Z challenge is perfect for me! I started this blog while I was in between jobs to keep me productive. I've slowly lost most of my motivation lately, and this is just the thing I needed to get my juices flowing again. This will be a fun exercise and further training while in between shows, as well as also maintaining my blog:



I will choose films starting with the appropriate letter of the alphabet and try to find pictures exemplifying their production design and discuss their design choices at whatever length I can. I will probably try to do a couple for each letter, because I have too hard of a time choosing just one favorite (in EVERY aspect of my life: color, ice cream flavor, deodorant...). Hope you will all enjoy this as much as I will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment