Tuesday, January 17, 2012

About Me -- Word Vomit




Hey there. Welcome.

This is a test for myself, looking for a creative outlet of some sort, while combining my thoughts somewhere in hopes that it helps me to learn more about myself. So if you find it interesting and want to read, please, join me. Maybe you can relate.

Here is a little bit about myself:
- I'm female, in my mid 20s
- I'm a college graduate, unsatisfied with where I am in my career. (sound familiar?)
- I'm part of a generation that has high expectations for life because I had a wonderful family and childhood, but now can't seem to be happy with anything. #firstworldproblems
- I'm living THE LIFE. Or so I'm told. By my family, and friends, and what the movies make you think. I went to a liberal arts school and studied film production, and then made the move to Hollywood to make it big.

Here is a little bit about Hollywood:
Hollywood is fun. Hollywood is intimidating. Hollywood is special. Hollywood is cliche. Hollywood is glamorous. Hollywood is a bit trashed. Hollywood has beautiful people.  Hollywood has a lot of dogs (seriously...everyone has pets, and I'm jealous). Hollywood is loud. Hollywood is lonely. Hollywood is filthy rich. Hollywood is cheap. Hollywood is just a small part of the film/television industry. Hollywood has it all.

It is hard to find yourself in Hollywood, when your a gal like me, and want it all.

More about myself:
- I can't make a decision to save my life. I second guess everything.
- I want to do a little bit of everything. Is that so bad? Answer: Yes, it is when you can't commit to a career path and just constantly make parallel moves.
- I don't want to miss anything.
- I have been this way since I was 3 years old. I am doomed.
- I am absolutely working on living with the day - to - day mentality and living in the now. And enjoying it.

Now don't get me wrong. I do love it here in sunny Cal-i-for-ni-A. I have plenty of good friends and a wonderful and supportive man in my life. In all aspects of my life, i AM living the dream. This blog, here, is going to be a place where I can post things that inspire me; tv/films, art, design, crafts, events, people, music - ANYTHING.  My hope is that once I start to post a lot, things will click. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I know who I am, but I need to figure out where I want to go.  More specifically, in my career. I went to school for Producing, and moved out here and worked for some producers, and realized I needed more hands on work. I got very lucky and got into an Art Department on a television show and really liked it. I also worked closely with Set Decorating while working, and thought that maybe Set Decorating was more of a fit for me than moving towards Production Designer was. While on Hiatus from this show, I have luckily landed myself a job in a Set Dec dept on a great show. Of course, days before I received the call for this position, I realized I was missing the Art part of my last job, i.e. talking creatively about visuals, and working on graphics and researching whatever was needed. So now that I am getting my foot further into one door (I start the Set Dec job in a week or so), I'm clinging on to the door frame with a death grip. This is me. Welcome to my world. Quickly Moving Sideways.


No comments:

Post a Comment