Thursday, January 19, 2012

Walk on Walls


In an article on Colossal today, they featured an exhibit by artist Leandro Erlich that is currently displayed at Le 104 in Paris. 


This. Is. BRILLiant. I love street art, specifically the type that plays with perspective, you know they kind that appears like you are standing at the edge of a pit to hell in the middle of Time Square. This is just an enormous scale version of that with a massive mirror. Still. It rocks. And I want to visit just to get a visual of me hanging from a third story window. The details in the facade is superb. I can't tell how thick it is, but the fact that there is light coming from the windows just helps pull off the reality of this illusion. The window design, and the iron in the window treatments are lovely. I love the door choice. I would live in this building.


Things like this are so interesting, and innovative and smart. Yet, also, kind of simple.  It makes me wonder why I haven't gone through with all my random creative ideas that I think are just a little silly, or slightly out of my reach so why bother? Because thats Lazy Bones talking. I used to LOVE to problem solve. I don't know where I turned that corner to Easy Town, but it's a short cut that leads NO WHERE. So I'm making a U-Turn. At the next light, though, because I'm tired and want to take a nap. 


Cutting the wheel,


DML







No comments:

Post a Comment