Monday, April 16, 2012

Sometimes,....Ignorance IS Bliss

During my time unemployed, I have been able to catch up on all that wonderful day time television I normally miss while running around ignoring my bachelor degree and/or pride. (I am exaggerating... i have been lucky in recent jobs.)

One in particular has caught my eye by their smart promos and intriguing headlines, and that is The Dr. Oz Show.

There have been plenty of episodes with great tips on how to wake up more energized, get better sleep, get the best food on a budget at the grocery store, etc, etc. But after a few episodes, and todays especially, I go into hypochondriac mode. FYI: I am probably currently dying of ovarian cancer, with a brain aneurism on the way.

I would normally never suggest it is better to be uneducated on a topic, and as great as it is to be informed and know warning signs of health risks and issues, MOST of these "signs" are typical daily maladies or are also symptoms of a hundred other possibilities or diseases. It's nearly impossible to not just jump back in bed, throw the covers over your head and swear to never step foot into the world again and wait for my inevitable premature and most likely painful death.

Time to change the channel, or catch up on DVR. Or maybe read a book. Or write. Or ANYTHING ELSE.

Channel surfing,

DML


No comments:

Post a Comment