Friday, March 9, 2012

Decor Reno in the Meantime

Last weekend I posted an Ikea Hacker idea to renovate/update a set of drawers that I have. It turns out, that I haven't had a TON of time to get it started, although I can NOT wait to.

But in the MEAN TIME I came across this file cabinet update that will work perfectly for my smaller do-it-yourself-update itch, since my filing cabinet sits right by our desk in our living room.  In the middle of EVERYTHING. This was originally found on Pinterest, but I wanted to find the original creator and the photo brought me to this really great do it yourself blogger Fabric Paper Glue.


My filing cabinet is two drawers, just like this one, but black. She used a GREAT wallpaper that works so well with the brushed silver of her cabinet. Any ideas where to get cheap but fun wallpaper?? Ideas/brainstorming is what I live for, so send me any thoughts you may have in my comments section!

This is basically what mine looks like:



Making filing pretty,

DML

2 comments:

  1. Hey, there. Thanks for linking to my project! And I love your final product! I've got to admit that I splurged on the wallpaper for this one. Of course, it used like zero of it, so I'm still looking for projects here and there to put it to use.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the inspiration! I'm constantly looking for things that I already own that I could update, and your filing cabinet post was just the thing! I loved the wall paper you chose, I have excess paper left over from mine too, I was thinking of using it in a frame, as a matte, and hanging it on a wall opposite of the cabinet, to tie it all in together!

      Delete