Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fresh to death

 I just discovered the best thing E.V.E.R: Ikea Hackers

Being a young adult out of college and at the bottom of the ladder in what I am considering a professional career, about 85% of my furniture has been bought from Ikea. As I mature in age and mentality (RIGHT!?) I am starting to get bored of the Ikea look. Everything is too similar. I need more texture, something more to make it reflect my style. The thought of tossing my furniture out (or selling on craigslist) and practically starting over is laughable, because then I will have nothing or be in debt like woah.

Along comes Ikea Hackers. To save me. The smallest changes can make it all your own. One in particular from a blogger (that I just started following because of this) impressed me the most. I have a 4 drawer chest similar, that I want to update.  She posted it on Ikea Hackers, rightfully so and we thank you, but here is her actual blog: California Callahans. Here is what she did with hers:



I love love love the paintable wall paper adding texture and detail to the drawers.  She just inspired me to do something similar with mine. Here is the before picture:




Stay tuned....



Hopefully hacking,

DML





No comments:

Post a Comment